Deer Birthday Card



This was a birthday card for a special man! (and I hope a Color Dare worthy card)

The colors spoke to me and I don't have the exact I did my best...I used a CTMH clear card and had this great sticker (for the hunting man!) that was also see through so away I went. I layered the colored squares and cut out the image to be seen through the card open and closed. 

I inked the golden card stock on the edges and added a string with a knot and some embellishments a smooth stone and a metal square brad.

I then used washi tape to cover up the bad looking edges and the patterns and texture is great! I taped a wood pattern paper on the inside and stamped the Celebrate U and Happy Birthday! (I forgot to take the picture before I wrote my note so had to blur that out, sorry!)

Go check out the link below for some more inspiration with these warm colors!






7 comments:

  1. Clever, clever friend! I love the slide and the rope and all the different parts come together to create a visual feast! :-) -B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I like this! Guy cards can be tough, but you hit the mark on this on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great guy card. Very rustic feel and look. Very clever indeed! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful masculine card! I like all the layers and that you made a clear card with all these elements. All of the washi tape strips on the inside of the card look really great. Thanks for playing along with us at Color My Heart Color Dare this week--please join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative card! I love how you combined the clear card with the paper background. The washi tape makes a wonderful addition - don't you love it when it works out that way?! Thanks for joining the Color Dare this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a unique card! I've never seen anything quite like it. Lots of neat elements. Thanks for playing along this past week with the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice use of the clear card. I really like it! Thanks for playing along with Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete