Branch Blues




I'm super duper excited as this is my first COLOR MY HEART-COLOR DARE (#75) http://colormyheartcolordare.blogspot.com/2014/01/color-dare-75-pacifica-sky-lagoon.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ColorMyHeart+%28Color+My+Heart%29&utm_content=Yahoo%21+Mail

I went with a home decor item and now have this great jar sitting on the table in my craft/spare room to enjoy. I didn't have the exact colors so mine are moonstruck lagoon and lilac mist. They made a nice combo! I used a branch my son picked up at the park and made these flowers out of coffee filters and those inks. I have the link on how to under another post if ya need just ask...they take some time but I feel so worth it!

I felt like it needed a touch of life so went with the metal  butterfly. Its glued in a mason jar with some moss in the bottom...and of course I sprinkled glitter on the moss, that's a must right? ; )

I hope you all enjoy and I hope to be doing more of these, cross your fingers for me friends! Hugs!

10 comments:

  1. OH. MY. WORD!! This is beautiful! You are going to enjoy this for a LONG time. And I agree that the butterfly was a perfect touch. So glad you joined us at Color My Heart. We hope you will come back often in 2014 to share your creativity with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca,
    Thank you so much for your kind words, you made my day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca is right. This IS beautiful. I'm soooo glad you entered it into a challenge. You have talent, friend, and lots of it! I especially like how natural the whole piece feels. The material you used for the roses goes perfectly with the twig. And you color choices are terrific......:-) -B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please visit the blog craftingwithjoanie.blogspot.com. There's a surprise waiting for you, Ruby Sunshine! :-) -B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, aren't you clever! Your branch is beautiful! The butterfly was the perfect touch. The best part….you'll have it to enjoy for a long time! Stunning! Thanks for sharing at Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely flowers! Visiting from Brenda/Joanie's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love the pretty flowers, really works well on the dried branches. Your very talented and always appreciate your work. Thanks for sharing, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love the pretty flowers, really works well on the dried branches. Your very talented and always appreciate your work. Thanks for sharing, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to make roses! Very pretty. Thank you for playing along at Color My Heart and I hope you come back soon!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! Those flowers can be finnicky and you've done a great job. Thanks for taking the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete